Are you spiritually tired?
Spiritual fatigue can happen to anyone, even to mature believers. But when ignored, it leads to disconnectedness, disappointment, and discouragement. And that's where danger begins. Many Christians have a deep desire to “turn the corner” in their walk with Jesus. Some don't know where to start, others are held back by the past, and still others are blinded or calloused by sin.
During these vulnerable stretches we are most susceptible to sin and temptation. We need to see the reality of spiritual fatigue, understand it's pitfalls, and take steps to refresh our souls. King David, the man after God's own heart, experienced this very thing, and in Worn Out by Obedience he is presented as a spiritual mentor. David is both flawed and on fire. He is the person we are and the person we want to be. In studying his extended stay in Ziklag (1 Samuel 27–30).
If you are spiritually weary, discouraged, or exhausted, Worn Out by Obedience will help you to keep going—or start moving.
- Refresh yourself amid a spiritually dry season.
- Recover from grief, disappointment, and other trials
- Return from an extended season of sin and rebellion
- Learn the signs of spiritual fatigue and how to avoid them
- See that God uses all our experiences—good and bad—to form Christ in us
- Remember God's great grace of rescue, recovery, and restoration.