The Book & DVD are 40% Off Together - OR - Are 30% Off Each
“Wilderness is not just an ecosystem—it’s a season of life.” John Beck
Some of the Bible’s most familiar and powerful stories took place in the wilderness.
The Israelites spent forty years in the wilderness.
Jesus fasted in the wilderness for forty days, before He was tempted by Satan.
Even the beloved “Shepherd Psalm,” Psalm 23, may have been inspired by the wilderness.
The wilderness is mentioned more than three hundred times in Scripture.
Now, author John Beck highlights the easily-overlooked truths of the wilderness—both the harsh, threatening ecosystem in which Bible people sometimes found themselves and the difficult seasons of life in which we often operate. By showing what the wilderness meant to people in Bible times, Beck also provides guidance for our own experience in barren times and places.
In the book, Land without Borders, John Beck will lead you on a journey of discovery, using the Bible’s physical landscape to heighten your spiritual experience.
This book makes a great companion to the Land without Borders DVD, which features John Beck exploring the Holy Land’s wilderness and sharing insights with his fellow travelers.
In Land without Borders-DVD, John takes a small group hiking through the wilderness of the Holy Land to help them grasp how barren it is. Join John in this six-part adventure and see how the landscape plays into your spiritual experience. You’ll understand how biblical authors incorporated the elements of wilderness into their stories and learn to trust God within your own spiritual wilderness.
Experience wilderness in a whole new way as you hike the Holy Land with John and his friends. You’ll see how God uses these “wilderness times” in our lives to humble us, test us, and teach us. In such times, we understand who God is and how we belong to Him.
- Part 1: John defines the seven qualities of a physical wilderness, from how vast and rugged it is to the fact that it has no borders.
- Part 2: Having explained what physical wilderness is, John demonstrates how God uses spiritual wilderness in our lives as seasons for growth.
- Part 3: John shows how wilderness can increase our faith witness through the example of David, seeking refuge from Saul in a wilderness oasis.
- Part 4: Using a shepherd and his flock as examples, John shows how sheep trust their leader to meet all their needs, even in a barren land.
- Part 5: Focusing on the Matthew 4 account of Jesus’s temptation after fasting for forty days and forty nights, John explains how we are forgiven because Jesus lived the perfect life in our place.
- Part 6: John takes the familiar story of the good Samaritan, describing how to love your neighbor, to a new level of understanding.