Each day, you watch America turn further from Christian values and the core principles of liberty. It’s frustrating to feel you can’t assert biblical truth without facing condemnation, and fearful to witness outrage and victimhood replace respect and reason.
Amidst this dissent, how can you not only stay rooted in your own faith, but continue publicly testifying for Jesus?
In We Will Not Be Silenced, Dr. Erwin W. Lutzer prepares you to live out your convictions against a growing tide of hostility. Gain a better understanding of nonbelievers’ legitimate hurts and concerns regarding issues like racism, sexism, and poverty—and identify the toxic responses secular culture disguises as solutions. In the process, you’ll see how you can show compassion and gentleness to those outside of the faith without affirming their beliefs.
We Will Not Be Silenced will ready you to move beyond fear and boldly accept the challenge of representing Christ to a watching world that needs Him now more than ever before.
Responding Courageously to Our Culture's Assault on Christianity
Chapter headings include:
- 1. How We Got Here - A survey of the forces that seek to dismantle the core values that built up America
- 2. Rewrite the Past to Control the Future - The strategies being used to delegitimize our Judeo-Christian pasts in order to make way for a wholly secular and Godless society
- 3. Use Diversity to Divide and Destroy - How harmful cultural ideologies are keeping the races in perpetual, endless conflict
- 4. Freedom of Speech for Me, but Not for Thee - The growing trend to stifle and shame those who uphold conservative of Christian worldviews
- 5. Sell It as a Noble Cause - How propaganda is used to shape a population's perception of reality so they will not change their minds even when confronted by compelling counterevidence
- 6. Sexualize the Children - How school curricula and popular culture are leading our children into sexual confusion and warped ideas of personal identity
- 7. Capitalism Is the Disease; Socialism Is the Cure - Why socialism is initially attractive yet ultimately leads to failure, and how capitalism can create wealth that furthers Christian work everywhere
- 8. Join with Radical Islam to Destroy America - Why and how two very different worldviews are willing to set aside their differences to eradicate Christianity and capitalism
- 9. Vilify! Vilify! Vilify! - How disagreements today are no longer resolved with mutual respect and civility, but through shaming and outrageous denunciations
- 10. Wake Up! Strengthen What Remains! - Jesus, speaking to a New Testament church, gives a warning that applies directly to us today, and His assessment is the only one that matters